venerdì 9 maggio 2014

DO YOU BELIEVE IN SUPERSTITIONS?

Last week, we've been dealing with superstitons and now I would like to say what I think  about it . Here in Italy we have lots of superstitions, but my favourite is that one saying :" IF YOU SEE A SHOOTING STAR IN THE NIGHT ON THE 10th AUGUST( SANT LORENZO'S NIGHT) YOU CAN EXPRESS A WISH". In the past, the pre-Christhians thought that the shooting stars were because the angels were crying for the future of the people. Lately Christianity think that, the night when Saint Lorenzo died , he was killed by an emperor with the coals and his tears were still hotter in the sky. In these days if you look up to the sky is because you are remembring the Saint's Death and shooting stars are his tears , wich are still in the sky and because of this you can make a wish or because the stars are considered a bridge from sky to earth so something special comes down on earth and something special is happening.
Superstitions don't have real origin, because people always want to give a rational explanation for what happens around and we start giving explanations. I don't have experiences with superstitions ,but I always see people who believe in them.I believe in some superstitions but sometimes I like challenging the destiny to see what happens. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento